Chick Flick and Ice Cream Day. Raised Expectations Day. Okay Fine I’ll Try Match Day. Love it or hate it, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner.
No matter what your feelings are towards the 14th of February, I’m certain this cocktail will make your day a little bit sweeter. This ‘Blushing Gimlet’ is inspired by a cocktail I recently had and fell in love with. Herbaceous rosemary perfectly complements refreshing grapefruit juice and the blush hue makes it a fitting sipper for the day of love.
Wishing you and yours a sweet, spicy, and slightly tipsy, Valentine’s Day.
For the rosemary infused simple syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3-4 limes (1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice)
For the cocktail (per drink)
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 oz gin
To make the rosemary infused simple syrup:
- Bring water to to a boil in a saucepan.
- Once boiling, remove water from heat and add 3 sprigs fresh rosemary. Cover with a cloth and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove rosemary after 10 minutes.
- Place rosemary infused water back on heat and add 1/2 cup sugar, stirring until fully dissolved.
- Once sugar dissolved, remove from heat and allow to fully cool.
- Once cool add 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice.
To make the gimlet:
- Fill glass with a generous amount of ice.
- Add 1-2 oz of gin.
- Add 1-2 tbsp rosemary infused syrup.
- Top with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice.
- Garnish with sprig of fresh rosemary.